Welcome to the Jousting and Heraldry Activity Page
Record your answers on the Jousting and Heraldry assignment found on the Classroom Stream.
Step 2. Next, read the section "What is heraldry?" Record one fact in your notes as well.
Step 3. Now, choose your shield and choose your horse! When you choose your armor, be sure to write one fact in your notes about armor by reading the section "What armor did they wear?" Finally, joust! Can you win three in a row?
What is Heraldry and What is a Coat-of-Arms?
- You are now tasked with applying your knowledge of heraldry.
- Click on "Heraldry Game" to access the "story" about Robert.
- Follow the plot carefully and Answer the questions about heraldry in your organizer.
- You will need to use: Roger the Herald's Notes on Blazonry for Beginners
DESIGN A COAT-OF-ARMS
- Before you create a family coat-of-arms, visit this site to map out some ideas.
- Planning ahead will make your coat-of-arms fall within the guidelines of heraldry.
- You can save your coat-of-arms if you like and use it to inspire the coat-of-arms you will make on construction paper. (This cannot be your end product.)